Thursday 10 July 2014

Day 1

100 Days Project

The first day:
I have been thinking about how many ways I can depict water, using only 2-dimensional materials, (basically drawing and painting). Today I took a series of photographs to be the basis of my first few works. These photos were of water in glasses. So for my first work, I drew a glass of water.

 I wanted to focus on the tonal qualities of the work and used mainly graphite pencils, (3B, 4B & 7B), with a white pencil for the highlights. I worked on pastel paper as it provided me with a mid-tone for a starting point. Whilst I am happy with the result, there is still room for improvement in order to have a more even and sustained tone, in some areas. Also the paper's texture does work best with pastels and charcoal, I think a smoother surface would of suited the graphite more.




No comments:

Post a Comment